Monday, March 21, 2011

Get To Know Our Bike Riders- Bryan Dougan


My name is Bryan Dougan, a senior Sociology major at Franklin & Marshall College in Lancaster, PA. This bike ride has been on my radar screen since freshmen year of college, when Lewie wanted to do it. The realities of why we are riding became quite apparent to me through a semester abroad in Uganda in the spring of 2010, seeing those impoverished suffer in mind, body, and spirit; what I discovered last year has only been reinforced and rediscovered, all at the same time, through a more recent trip in January 2011. During this excursion, I got the chance to to further uncover the true realities of the problems in the Congo, as well as neighboring countries. I know in my heart of heart that these women are the apples of God’s eye, and He is waiting to further show them His love. It is our job as Christians and the Church to remind them of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment