Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Bryan Joins Lew for Site Visits in Uganda

Hello from Uganda!

We arrived here two nights ago on the morning bus, in which we slept (not the most comfortable rest I have ever gotten...). We're in Kampala now visiting some people I know and this evening, we're staying with the family I stayed with during my time here last spring. Everything from last spring has come back to me, minus a lot of Luganda (the language). Tomorrow we travel to the north to Gulu to stay with Lewie's family from the spring.

On Saturday, we attended a marriage ceremony. It was cool (very different than an American wedding) and done all in the Rwandan language, so we did't understand a word of it. Nevertheless, an awesome experience.

Sunday, we went to the installation of a new Anglican bishop. It was a pretty neat experience, save that it was seven hours long (we left after six). Many different people had to give speeches which went on for quite some time. It too was in the Rwandan language, so the most I got from it was when an American bishop said part of the Communion prayer.

It's pretty amazing everything that God's doing over here. All the organizations we've met with are doing awesome things, and it's amazing to see where he's taking Lewie and myself, and Mallory (Lewie's sister) while she was here.

Keep the updates coming from home. I love reading them!

No comments:

Post a Comment