Monday, January 10, 2011

Fully Committed to Do Whatever I Can

Hey Everyone!

My name is Marianne, and I am going to be a rider for this summer’s bike tour! I first heard about the bike ride through Lewie Briggs; he told me what was going on in the DRC and asked if I wanted to be involved in any way. My answer was an immediate YES! Of course, the hard part was trying to get my Dad on board- allowing me to ride my bike for 10 weeks up the East Coast. Luckily, my persuasive talks worked and now I am fully committed to doing whatever I can do to help in this effort.

Some really cool things have been happening up at my school, and there has been a lot of curiosity as to what this bike ride is all about here at Penn State. I’ve talked with many of the campus leaders and they have showed a lot of interest in helping raise support and awareness. My hope is to see Penn State be involved in a huge way- gathering all the groups together as one Christian body and working together to help our brothers and sisters in Christ who are suffering half way around the world. It is amazing to see how willing people are to help in whatever way they can when they hear about injustices happening in the world.

One big event that is really encouraging so far is that the Chick-fil-a in State College has agreed to have a night where they give a percentage of their proceeds to the She’s My Sister project. What a great way to spread the word, raise money, and gain support- all while eating some good ol’ fashioned chicken! There are so many things in the works on campus to continue spreading the word about the DRC. I’m so excited to see how God is going to use me and other willing people in the State College area to help others in need. I’ll keep you posted about how things are going here!

James 1:22
“Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.”

When you have a chance, listen to "God of Justice" by Tim Hughes. It has really inspired me to help people in need!

No comments:

Post a Comment