Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sick and tired...

Man...yesterday was rough. This travel is really starting to get to us. Crammed in the back seat of a small red truck for hours on dirt roads...no leg room haha. Plus dehydrated and very hungry after not eating the whole day. Headaches and fever...Feeling much better this morning though. We had traveled out to an IDP (Internally Displaced Persons) camp and visited the people there. They were afraid to go home because of conflicts with a neighboring and violent tribe called the Karamajong. This is a conflict I had not heard of before, so that was good information to know. We got to see a drama and some songs that they do to address trauma and raise awareness of malaria and HIV/AIDS prevention. Pretty cool stuff. A few long days ahead of us...keep us in your prayers

1 comment:

  1. I missed you guys at IV training! I've enjoyed reading your blog. I'm going to have one for when I'm in Ecuador lizalbright.blogspot.com. Also I realized that you're both seniors!! Ahh! I wish I could make it to graduation but it's the same day I get back :( Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete