Monday, May 16, 2011

Lewie's Training stories

Story #1:
Was on a ride with Jenna Liew for about 20 miles. We were going down a hill and I was looking at Jenna's iPhone to see how far we had gone (lesson learned: don't look at phones while riding). As I was speeding down the hill without hands on my bike, a little weiner dog ran up to me. I didn't want to hit it, so I slammed on the breaks and flipped over the handlebars. I didn't want to look stupid though so I laid on the ground still looking at the phone for about a minute until Jenna made me get up. Both me and the phone were okay.

Story #2:
I just got my new bike and was riding it all around. It has these funny little slots that you are supposed to put your feet in, which I did. Small problem though. I was going down a grass hill (shortcut: not suggested) and the wheel clipped on the side of the sidewalk and the bike was tipping over. I tried to put my foot down to catch myself but it was caught in the foot slot and I fell right on my side. It also pulled down the left side of my shorts and cars were passing by! Trying desperately to save as much of my dignity that was lift, I jumped up and fixed myself as fast as I could. Just a little embarrassing haha.

Story #3
Went on a 50 mile ride today. Rode 20 then took a break. For the next 30 miles, I forgot to bring anything to eat or drink and hit a wall at mile 40. I felt like I couldn't move my legs anymore and most of all my arms were sooooo tired! Pretty crazy. I was going up a hill (very slowly...) when I heard someone yell HEY! I turned around, and two people had come out of a pizza shop and yelled "YOU CAN DO IT!!" I just laughed and yelled "THANKS!" and pushed up the hill. Then I just had to stop. I could barely move, so I went to a Walmart to use the bathroom but the guy wouldn't let me take my bike in (I shouldn't have asked!). So, since I did not have a lock, I went to Giant across the street and just walked in with my bike. No one said anything.

Anyway...my body feels tired, but my toosh feels okay! And that's all that matters. Praise God. I'm riding with Marianne and Jenna tomorrow before we ship off our bikes to Florida.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha 2 falls for 3 rides...guess its better than 3 for 3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do these stories sound familiar? Could it be that Gordon has also been stuck in the foot clips and fallen to the side or was is the wet noodle legs? HUM...
    More things in common.

    ReplyDelete