Sunday, June 12, 2011

Can't get better than this!

What an incredible day! Today we had a little break from biking and had the opportunity to do several presentations. At the Brown's home church (First Alliance) in Raleigh, NC we talked to a youth sunday school and to the whole congregation during a fellowship time. A few of us also went to Celebration Family Church to present. The support and passion from those in Raleigh was fantastic. We could really see God working in the hearts of those who listened to what we had to say and how He moved many to act. The sermon during the service at First Alliance tied in perfectly in that the pastor spoke of the power of prayer and how as Christians it is our greatest tool. Before a delicious lunch prepared by the charming, loving Mama Brown we did a team Bible study from the Least of These Journey. It focused on Isaiah 61 and our mission as Christians. How the LORD has chosen us and sent us to "bring good news to the poor, heal the broken-hearted". After eating way too much as usual, we took our few free hours in the afternoon to nap, have some quiet time, call our mothers of course, and do things of that nature. In the evening we went to North Ridge Alliance Church for the She's My Sister Bike Tour Extravaganza! This consisted of a time of worship led by Jess Ray and the Rag Tag Army along with a presentation. I don't think the night could have been any more amazing. With hands lifted high and voices singing words of praise and adoration, we lifted up our awesome God alongside our fellow brothers and sisters of North Carolina who came out to the event. Jess Ray and the Rag Tag Army were simply fantastic so you should probably check out their music! Welp time for bed and back on our bikes again tomorrow. Thanks so much to the Browns for feeding us (which seriously can be a huge task) and all our host families for giving us a place to sleep. I'll leave you with some of the lyrics from tonight...

Jenna



"I can heal your pains, I can heal your pains
Will you let me?
Will you let me?

Oh, If you ask me, you will receive,
If you seek me, you're gonna find me,
If you knock, the doors will come swinging free
So come on and ask me, ask me

So come on and ask me, you can’t make me weary,
Come on and seek me, I’m not hiding
Come on and knock down the doors,
My kingdom’s yours! My kingdom’s yours!
And love me, You’re gunna love me"

-You're Gunna Love Me by Jess Ray and the Rag Tag Army

No comments:

Post a Comment