Sunday, June 5, 2011

"Go out there and give them Heaven!"

I continue to be amazed by the work that God is doing on our trip. Perhaps I've never taken the time to notice how much good He does. Perhaps He's never shown me. Regardless, I'm seeing it now and wow- what a blessing it is!

We've spent the weekend at Risen Christ Lutheran Church in Myrtle Beach. Pr. John (a friend of mine's dad) is the pastor here and so graciously allowed us to do our outreach here this morning during the services. I gave a little thirty second blurb about the Bike Tour (which was difficult given that brevity is not a gift of mine by any stretch of the imagination) at both services. At the second service, Pr. John talked about how we will all ascend with Christ into Heaven, where He will have already prepared mansions for us. This got me thinking that I can't wait to be neighbors with the Congolese women for whom our Bike Tour will inevitably show the power of Christ's Word and healing power.

After both services we had the opportunity to talk with everyone in the narthex (today's word of the day), during which time I met a woman who graduated from the same high school I did (yeah-Baltimore Lutheran!). It was pretty cool to connect with someone who graduated 15 years before I had. I had also met another couple that had lived in Baltimore for a period of time prior to moving to Myrtle Beach. So overall, a very Baltimoron day for me!

After having some time of fellowship with the congregation at their volunteer luncheon (the menu was a 30 foot long sub from Subway), we trekked over the to beach for a few hours. While there, five of us had a nice little siesta time, a much needed siesta time I might add.

Tonight's Least of These Study led us to discussing boldness and proclaiming the Gospel. Pray with us for our brothers and sisters in Christ who are persecuted for their faith in a much harsher way than we experience here at home. As we look for more opportunities that we might share the Gospel, pray that hearts may be opened to listen to the Holy Spirit's movement.

After our study, Pr. John and his lovely wife Fran stopped by one more time to say goodbye, pray for us and our sisters in the Congo. His words of encouragement to us were both funny enough, yet serious enough, to make our title for this entry and our latest tweet.

Tomorrow, we have an early morning as we look to get to Southport, NC - a 55 mile ride - by lunch, our first stop on our journey through the Outer Banks.

In His Peace,
Bry (pronounced Bee-rye)

No comments:

Post a Comment