Monday, March 21, 2011

Get To Know Our Bike Riders- Gordon Brown


I am Gordon Brown from Boone, NC. I am a senior building science major at Appalachian State University and will be graduating in May. I’m super excited to be a part of “She’s my Sister” bike tour. I had the idea in my head of a cross country ride for a few years now when I was working at camp together with Mark Jacobs and Lewie Briggs one summer. It stuck with me and here I am ready to ride... but it’s not quite for the same intentions. I originally thought we would just go for the sheer adventure and manly feeling of cycling a far distance, little did I know that this ride would be one that would help to change the hearts and lives of many people! I cherish the opportunity to ride for the sake of bringing the hope and love of the Gospel to the hurt and neglected. Last summer I traveled to Kenya and worked at a children’s home; I have seen the poverty and felt the pain in my heart for the lost there. For me, this ride is more than sheer adventure. The issue in the DRC is a matter of life or death, something that I have witnessed first hand! I am so glad to be a part of this ride, and I am ready and willing to give my time and effort to get the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the hurting in the DRC. I know God will change lives through this project, and I want to be a part of it!

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya man! I will be keeping you and your fellow riders in my prayers! I am so proud of you Gordon, I am proud to call you a friend and a brother!

    ReplyDelete