Monday, March 21, 2011

Get To Know Our Bike Riders- Jon Felker


My name is Jon Felker from Colorado State University. I have recently heard more about what is currently happening in the Congo; however, I had known a little bit about the situation there when I was part of the Invisible Children Schools for Schools club in high school. To sum it up, I found out that Joseph Kony and the LRA were kidnapping children and attacking villages throughout Uganda. These attacks left refugees scattered throughout Northern Uganda in tent villages or cities. Then when they had run out of places to hide the LRA went into the Congo and committed similar crimes. Also the close proximity of Sudan brought more conflict into the region over its resources.

I am riding for this cause for the sole reason of spreading the gospel. Unfortunately our world will never be without conflict or poverty, but Jesus Christ has promised us a better life in him that will deliver us from the injustices of our present condition. In the theme of this ride Matthew 25:40 speaks loudly to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment