Monday, March 21, 2011

Get To Know Our Bike Riders- Jenna Liew


My name is Jenna Liew, and I am from Easton, PA. Currently, I am a junior broadcasting major/ anthropology minor at Messiah College. Last year I had the opportunity of a lifetime during the month of January. I went to Ghana, Africa through a study abroad program. I fell in love with the people, the culture, and the land immediately. I also witnessed with my own eyes the illnesses, poverty, and hardships that plague this country. After returning to the U.S., I felt unsettled returning back to my comfortable, privileged life. I knew that through this experience, God had opened my heart and mind to the struggles of the people of Africa. When I heard about “She’s my Sister” bike tour, I was so excited to join the cause. After learning about the condition of life for many people in the DRC and reading several testimonies of abused women in the country, I knew right away that I wanted to participate in the bike tour. Bringing God’s love and healing power to these women is well worth my time, sweat, and energy. “She’s my Sister” bike tour is more than just an amazing cause; it is a small way that I can follow God’s calling to “learn to do right, seek justice, and defend the oppressed” (Isaiah 1:17). I am super pumped to ride this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment